Sunday, July 27, 2014

Maxy's Gone....And his Family is Broken Hearted

Our precious Maxy passed away on Friday. He died while my daughter and I held him at the animal hospital. He was a victim of someone's carelessness. They left out some poisoned bait meant for rodents , we assume, and Maxy ingested some. He had an agonizing death that has traumatized us all. And all we could do was stand helplessly by and watch him suffer.

Please, Please don't use poisons on or around your property for any reason at any time. It is a risk to so many innocent little lives and the dying process is horrible. Maxy bled internally and then his eyes and ears hemorrhaged and he vomited blood. We could not bear to watch him suffer any longer and asked the vet to euthanize him. She thinks it was Warfarin (rat poison) or possibly strychnine.

He was a wonderful little guy with lots of personality and a member of our family. He was beloved in our neighborhood and our friends and neighbors are upset and angry and have sworn to find the culprit. He will be so missed by so many, but he will always be in our hearts and will always be the 'Dog on the Blog'.

4 comments:

  1. Aunt Jeannie
    Maxy may be gone from you, treasured friends are never forgotten.
    Although for now you may find yourselves apart from each other their spirit lives on forever within your heart.

    May your heart find peace and comfort during this difficult time. Maxy was a truly wonderful dog and will be greatly missed.

    Our condolence with 'Deepest Sympathy'

    Aunt Jeannie , Daddy wrote this for us , we wanted you to know we cared . Maxy will always be is our hearts . Love you very much , lots of hugs for the tough time .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I've tears in my eyes at hearing this news, and I didn't even know Maxy! Such a tragedy! Please accept my sympathy and hugs at this very difficult time! Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nellie , your sympathy is very much apreciated abd we will take all the hugs you have .
    The Genie and Witchy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Cubs,
    I can feel all the love you are sending to Uncle Brian and I. We thank you very much and we sure need those hugs. Maxy was very special to us. I think he was half human. He always believed he was all human. He was very smart but he couldn't type very well so he couldn't write to you. But he always added some dog kisses when I sent you my love.
    I think he is in a happy place now and that's important. We have to accept these losses as best we can . They are a part of everyone's life. I love you a lot and thank you for caring about Maxy.
    Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Come on in , set awhile and have a cup of tea and cookies , as always you are welcome .