This Bichon is 'exactly' like Maxy
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder (1 tablespoon unsweetened)
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
6 tbsps unsalted butter (melted)
1 egg yolk
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup hot water
7 ozs flaked coconut (sweetened)
4 ozs chopped pecans (coarsely, 1 cup)
14 ozs sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp vanilla
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
10 ozs semisweet chocolate
3 tbsps light corn syrup
3 round (special equipment: 3 9 inch, cake pans)
|1||Preheat oven to 350°F and oil cake pans. Line bottoms of pans with rounds of parchment or wax paper. Sift together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk together whole milk, butter, whole egg, yolk, vanilla, and almond extract in another large bowl until just combined. Beat egg mixture into flour mixture with an electric mixer on low speed, then beat on high speed 1 minute. Reduce speed to low and beat in water until just combined (batter will be thin). Divide batter among cake pans (about 1 1/2 cups per pan) and bake in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching position of pans and rotating them 180 degrees halfway through baking, until a tester comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes total.|
|2||Cool layers in pans on racks 15 minutes. Run a thin knife around edges of pans and invert layers onto racks. Carefully remove parchment or wax paper and cool layers completely.|
|3||Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.|
|4||Spread coconut in a large shallow baking pan and pecans in another. Bake pecans in upper third of oven and coconut in lower third, stirring occasionally, until golden, 12 to 18 minutes. Remove pans from oven.|
|5||Increase oven temperature to 425°F.|
|6||Pour condensed milk into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate and cover tightly with foil. Bake milk in a water bath in middle of oven 45 minutes. Refill baking pan with water to reach halfway up pie plate and bake milk until thick and brown, about 45 minutes more. Remove pie plate from water bath.|
|7||Stir in coconut, pecans, and vanilla and keep warm, covered with foil.|
|8||Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan. Remove pan from heat and add chocolate and corn syrup, whisking until chocolate is melted. Transfer 1 cup glaze to a bowl, reserving remaining glaze at room temperature in pan. Chill glaze in bowl, stirring occasionally, until thickened and spreadable, about 1 hour.|
|9||Put 1 cake layer on a rack set over a baking pan (to catch excess glaze). Drop half of coconut filling by spoonfuls evenly over layer and gently spread with a wet spatula. Top with another cake layer and spread with remaining filling in same manner. Top with remaining cake layer and spread chilled glaze evenly over top and side of cake. Heat reserved glaze in pan over low heat, stirring, until glossy and pourable, about 1 minute. Pour glaze evenly over top of cake, making sure it coats sides. Shake rack gently to smooth glaze.|
|10 Chill cake until firm, about 1 hour. Transfer cake to a plate.|
Boy this is good. You can't say no to a second piece. Maybe you better make two cakes
You are a genius
1) Preheat oven to 350*F . In a large skillet over moderate heat , melt butter . Add onion , celery and green pepper and saute , stirring occasionally , until almost tender ... about 5 minutes . Add garlic and saute , stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender but not brown ... about 1 minute more ; set aside .
2) In a large bowl , beat egg slightly . Add ground beef , 1/4 cup of the ketchip , bread crumbs , salt , black pepper and sauteed vegetables .
3) Using your hands , mix lightly , turn into ungreased 8"x8"x2" baking dish , and shape into a loaf about 6 inches long by 4 -1/4 inches wide .
4) Bake , uncovered , for 45 minutes . Brush top with the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup and bake until an instan-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the loaf registers 160*F ... About 20 minutes more . Remove pan to a rack for 10 minutes before serving .
Heart healthy and good for all kids ... young or old .
1) ... heat oven to 350* . Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening , lightly floured . In medium bowl , mix flour , espresso powder , baking powder , baking soda and salt .
2) ... In large bowl , beat butter and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy , about 3 minutes .Add syrup and vanilla bean paste , beat until well blended . Beat in eggs , 1 at a time , until blended . On loe speed , beat in flour mixture alternately with 1 cup of the sour cream . Spoon batter into pan .
3) ... Kake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean . Cool 10 minutes , remove from pan to cooling rack . Cool completely ; about 1 hour .
4) ... In small bowl , mix melted white chocolate and remaining 1/4 cup sour cream . Spoon or pour over cake . Sprinkle with coffee beans .
Heart healthy and so good .
|This is a simple, fast pie to make and it is very good. A busy mom special|
|Prep Time:||10 Min|
|Cook Time:||20 Min|
|BUTTERSCOTCH PIE FILLING|
|2 lg||egg yolks|
|1 c||brown sugar|
|3 Tbsp||corn starch|
|1 1/2 c||milk|
|1||pre baked pie crust (your favorite)|