Thursday, May 8, 2014

Food for Thought : Are You Getting Enough Sleep ???

Are you getting enough sleep? Adults need between seven and eight hours of sleep per night, while teens need at least nine. Lack of sleep can affect many aspects of our physical and mental health. Here are a few tips that may help you improve your sleep habits with nutrition:

1 . Set an evening routine that includes a good balanced meal. You should include quality proteins to help keep you feeling full longer.

2.  Avoid alcohol and caffeine, especially in the evening. Also, avoid consuming too many liquids in the evening, which can result in frequent trips to the bathroom during the night.

3 .  Some people find a light snack before bed can help promote sleep. Try half of a sandwich, a small bowl of cereal or a piece of fruit.

4 .  Regular exercise not only helps us maintain a healthy weight, it can also help your sleep cycles. Increase your physical activity for a few days and see how that helps you. However, it is not recommended to exercise immediately before bedtime, as this can keep you from falling asleep.

Words Of Wisdom :
"Some men are assholes and some men are cowards. What they both have in common is that both just stops talking to you, for no reason other than that they are assholes and cowards."

"Healing is more about accepting the pain and finding a way to peacefully co-exist with it. In the sea of life, pain is a tide that will ebb and weave, continually.
We need to learn how to let it wash over us, without drowning in it. Our life doesn't have to end where the pain begins, but rather, it is where we start to mend."

"Do the things you want to do; if you don’t, the things which keep you alive inside you die and you turn into a ghost!"

 
"The standard of a true leader is that he sets also his own rules rather than merely and blindly obeying the set of standard rules, even if it means being treated as an idiot or a crazy by the fools. And to follow his noble dream to attain his cherished goal, he employs his wisdom tool gained from his own hard core experience in an open school called life."

"My life is never perfect, but life is always a beautiful thing. I choose to see the beauty out of it. I choose to make it wonderful. I choose to love life and it loves me back in return. I may only have one life to live, but if I do it right, once is enough."

"A person’s open mind is distinctly defined by his caring soul that can readily find the real image of the people’s character and its true kind through their words reflecting and echoing the voice of their heart."

A proud  grand  poppa                     G.

12 comments:

  1. Sleep is one thing we are sure to try to get enough of at night. Retired, we have few reasons that require that alarm, so we just allow our "inner clock" to let us know when it is time to begin another day. No late nights, as a general rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear lady Nellie ,
    I could not agree with you more , and a little cat-nap during the day helps a lot . Keeping busy is the key .
    Thank you my dear lady and come again soon .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear HB,
    Excellent and sensible advice. And your words of wisdom this week had a distinct echo of your own philosophies on life. I admire and respect your sentiments. I miss your company and will leave a note behind the door for you.
    All the best, affectionately,
    Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my little Butterfly,
    As you can see there is great depth to me . I do so think you for exploring my post with great interest .
    My lady those words of wisdom I take from my own life . Thank you for admiring my sentiments , pass it on to my son and daughter . I got permission to drive the truck to the corner store and not an inch more (laughing my butt off) I , also have miss your company and look forward to hearing from you .
    My best to you little Butterfly.
    HHH aka HB G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppa , is that why mama tells us to go to bet at the same time , but she lets us stay up later when we do not have to go to school the next day . thank you poppa for taking us to the store , you drive mama car good . uncle Harvey sit in the front with you , mama do not let us sit in the front because of the air bags she said if someone hit us the air bags will explode and hurt us mama is so smart . Daddy say we are getting big and we take good care of you and uncle Harvey . Poppa we are ready for the last one before we go to dc . Poppa we are going to be so sharp in our clothes in dc . poppa you told them right they should not drink a lot of water before going to bed . we love you poppa and your good advice , daddy say keep up the good work . we love you poppa .
    wrote by Jonny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my wonderful Cubs , you make me proud to be your poppa . This is movie night and I hear all of you are headed to Joanna , tell me do she know you are coming (laughing my butt off) ? When you get there check what she cooked and call me . Harvey and I will hit up the kitchen . Mama keeps her gas tank full . Yes you guys do take good care of us and we love you for it . I can hardly wait for DC and yes everyone will be sharp . I bet you guys is going to get Nee and Anita their Mother's Day presents tomorrow .
      Love you my grands continue to be good .
      Poppa

      Delete
  6. Dad,
    Another good one , you are getting to be a whiz at this and you know I am so very thankful . Your son is working me down to skin and bone Hahahaha! He is getting it fix so our lives will be back to normal before we go to DC . Dad your post really hit home for so many people , you thinks our your posts very careful and you find photos to match , I know old LA showed you how and that I'm happy and grateful .
    You know you got something good coming .
    Love you lots , your darling daughter .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My precious daughter ,
      Any help I can give you is given from my heart , you take great care of me and it pleases me to see you smile .
      Now get your butt in the kitchen and shake , rattle , roll those pots and pans . (laughing my butt off)

      Delete
  7. Dad,
    You are working wonders for Baby , so glad for the help you are giving her and Jeannie it lets them know there is more to you than stealing food (smiling) . Your words of wisdom , as I see it is the way you see life .
    Your humble son .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son it pleases me to see her smile , I admire her for walking beside you and giving her voice and support , your wife my son is a tough cookie , I learned that when I first met her and I am proud to call her daughter .
      Yes my son that is the way I see lfe , always look toward the future , the past is gone to never return .
      Your Dad

      Delete
  8. G.
    Wonderful post and right to the point , that do not surprise me in the least , you are always right to the point and most times you are right , keep up the good work and I put a lock on my fridge and Susan do not know where it is (grinning my butt off) just kidding .
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Joanna ,
      Thank you so very much . Yes right to the point and what do you mean right most times ? I have learn a great deal from you my dear Joanna , you are a very strong and wise lady and the way you run this place I admire you , I can see where my daughter got her no non sense attitude from . Thanks for making a strong lady for my son .
      PS: I know how to pick locks (laughing my butt off).

      Delete

Come on in , set awhile and have a cup of tea and cookies , as always you are welcome .