Sunday, March 20, 2016

Pizza Pinwheels...Hey Cubs, these are so easy to make and taste great.



Hi cubs, this is a recipe I will give to my grandsons for movie night with their friends. It is versatile, you can change them up a bit. You can mix different kinds of grated cheese together for an interesting taste or add a different kind of meat like chopped bacon, [cooked first] ( my choice), maybe a few chopped up onions or mushrooms. Just don't overload  the rectangles or they won't roll up too easily. They sure are fun and tasty

Ingredients:

1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
24 slices pepperoni

Prep:Cook: ...                   
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. On a large baking sheet, pinch the 8 crescent roll dough triangles into 4 rectangles. Layer each rectangle with 6 slices of pepperoni and even amounts of mozzarella cheese. Roll tightly lengthwise and slice each into 4 or more pieces.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Serve with hot pizza sauce for dipping.
Eat, eat, eat, eat! Love you guys, Aunt J.


2 comments:

  1. Aunt Jeannie , thank you so very much for the recipe . we had so much fun . Daddy carry us to the supermarket , we bought a case of crescent rolls , we let out minds run wild . We has pepperoni , bacon , ham , bacon and sausage , all was cooked and chopped up , we put onions and bell peppers in some . Mama made a big salad with chop chicken , apples , raisins and a lot of stuff .
    Poppa say we can cook for him any time . My brothers made jello with fruit cocktail for dessert . Poppa made the drinks , we call it our poppa punch , poppa put all type of juice in it and some ic cream . aunt Jeannie it is so good . we call it poppa special .
    All the cubs send their love to you and thank you very much . we love you and keep getting better .
    Jenny said wish you could taste them and to tell you we cleaned up the kitchen . I know you will give this recipe to your boys they will love it on their movie night . we have movie night on Fridays and daddy take mama out , daddy love taking mama out , he bought her a new dress for next week she looked so nice in it , daddy smiles at her and tell her she will always be his baby .
    We love you very much aunt Jeannie and thank you .
    Wrote by Sha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello young lady and all my cubs,
    I am so happy you had fun. That meal sounded great and everybody made something different. I bet Eloise liked having the evening off. I love it when our family cooks together too. Some things turn out brilliantly and some things turn out not so good and end up in the trash but it's all fun. And you guys clean up too. I wish you would come and live with me. My guys are not too good with the cleaning up part.
    We all love to experiment in the kitchen. I took the boys a rice pudding a couple of weeks ago and now they want rice puddings all the time. I must have used ten pounds of rice by now. I will have to show them how to make it by themselves. It is pretty easy to make and they will get sick of them after a while anyhow.
    Mariola loves to cook and she and Steve brought us lots of home made goodies yesterday. Then Justin came to visit today and ate all the food in my house, including all Mariola's yummy cookies and tarts. So now I have to go shopping again. I think Justin has hollow legs because I don't know where all that food goes. But I miss the times when Justin was always here as a teenager and all we would see was his butt sticking out of the fridge or pantry. I think we saw his butt more than we saw his face.
    I wish I could eat a pizza pinwheel, but I will enjoy watching Sam and Jake and their buddies eating them.
    It is great that mama and daddy still go out on dates. Grownups like to have some fun by themselves once in a while. I bet she looks pretty awesome in that dress.
    'Happy First Day of Spring'.
    Love to you all
    Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Come on in , set awhile and have a cup of tea and cookies , as always you are welcome .