These ribs get their great flavor from a splash of lime and our Sweet-Hot 'Cue Sauce, featuring sweet chili sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and ground ginger. Like these baby backs, most ribs need to marinate overnight in the fridge, making them the perfect make-ahead dish for grilling get-togethers.
Tip: Baby back ribs have lots of meat between their short bones and may cost a bit more per pound than spareribs.
2 tablespoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
3 slabs baby back pork ribs (about 5-1/2 pound)
2 limes, halved
Sweet-Hot Cue Sauce (recipe below)
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Rinse and pat ribs dry. If desired, remove thin membrane from back of ribs by slicing into it with a knife and then pulling it off. (This will make ribs more tender.)
3. Rub ribs with cut sides of limes, squeezing as you rub. Massage ginger mixture into meat, covering all sides. Wrap ribs tightly with plastic wrap, and place in zip-top plastic freezer bags or a 13- x 9-inch baking dish; seal or cover, and chill 8 hours. Let ribs stand at room temperature 30 minutes before grilling. Remove plastic wrap.
4. Light 1 side of grill, heating to medium-high heat (350° to 400°); leave other side unlit. Place rib slabs over unlit side, stacking 1 on top of the other.
5. Grill, covered with grill lid, 40 minutes. Reposition rib slabs, moving bottom slab to the top, and grill 40 minutes. Reposition 1 more time, moving bottom slab to the top; grill 40 minutes.
6. Lower grill temperature to medium heat (300° to 350°); unstack rib slabs, and place side by side over unlit side of grill. Cook ribs 30 more minutes, basting with half of Sweet-Hot 'Cue Sauce. Remove ribs from grill, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut ribs, slicing between bones. Serve ribs with remaining Sweet-Hot 'Cue Sauce.
Sweet-Hot 'Cue Sauce:
Makes 4 cups
2 (10-ounces) bottles sweet chili sauce
2 cups ketchup
1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
Combine sweet chili sauce and remaining ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
I used Maggi Taste of Asia Sweet Chili Sauce.
Grand-poppa and I truly enjoyed sharing some of our favorite grilled foods . Imagine , about 15 years ago , grand-poppa and I had no idea we would have so much .
For those of you out there , we like to hear from you , also some of your favorite recipes would be most appreciated , state if we can published, we will give credit. (it has to be one of your own or revised).
Grand-poppa G. Mr . Humble at your service.
Please leave your name and state . No anonymous recipes will be acknowledge or published .