Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Jalapeno Corn Bread
1 (8.25 ounce) can cream-style corn
1 cup yellow cornmeal
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup corn oil
3 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
2 jalapeno peppers, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Move an oven rack to the center position in oven.
2. Mix cream-style corn, cornmeal, buttermilk, corn oil, Cheddar cheese, eggs, jalapeno peppers, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
3. Put butter into a 9-inch square baking dish.
4. Melt butter in preheated oven, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Pour corn bread batter into the baking dish over melted butter.
6. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 35 minutes.