We like chicken and we have to include a lot of it in my husband's diet since he is a heart patient. So we have to find many and varied ways to serve it so we don't all get bored to death. This recipe is always a hit.
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
fresh ground pepper (you don't need too much)
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
6 chicken breasts ( skinless and boneless)
3 -4 tablespoons oil (or as needed)
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1⁄4 cup water
2⁄3 cup Amaretto
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Roll/coat the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Saute chicken in oil until golden brown and transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- In the same skillet, increase the heat to med-high and melt butter.
- Add in Dijon mustard, orange juice concentrate, water and Amaretto; stir constantly until liquid is reduced.
- Pour the sauce over chicken.
- Bake covered for 35-40 minutes. Serves six