Just about the easiest cookies I ever made and everyone liked them. They are delicate, buttery cookies, which get their crunchy texture from toasted pecans and a sugar coating and practically melt in your mouth.
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for coating
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, toast pecans until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Let cool completely; finely chop.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until light, about 1 minute. Beat in vanilla, salt, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.
- Separate dough into 12 pieces; squeeze dough to shape into balls. Roll in sugar. Place, 3 inches apart, on a baking sheet. Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass (reshape sides if necessary). Sprinkle with sugar ( optional )
- Bake until golden brown, rotating sheet halfway through, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with more sugar.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack and munch a bunch