The addition of heavy cream will guarantee moist biscuits every time. Brush warm biscuits with melted salted butter, and serve with Basil-Honey Butter
Serves 12 Total time: 45 Minutes
1/2 cup (4 oz.) salted butter, frozen
2-1/2 cups (10 oz.) self-rising flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Grate the frozen butter using large holes of a box grater. Toss together grated butter, flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Chill 10 minutes.
2. Make a well in the center of the butter mixture. Add the heavy cream, and stir 10 times. Add the strawberries, and stir 5 times. (Dough will be loose and flaky.)
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and gently knead 3 to 4 times. Lightly sprinkle flour over top of dough. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 3/4-inch-thick rectangle (about 9 x 5 inches). Starting at 1 short end, fold dough in half so short ends meet. Repeat rolling and folding procedure 4 more times.
4. Roll the dough to 1-inch thickness. Cut dough with a floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter, and place on prepared baking sheet, rerolling dough scraps and flouring as needed.
5. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Brush warm biscuits with melted salted butter, and serve with Basil-Honey Butter.