Saturday, October 17, 2015
Scallops Florentine Fettuccini with Mushrooms and Tomatoes
1 pound of scallops
2 cups of packed baby spinach
2 red tomatoes cut into 8 wedges
2 yellow tomatoes cut into 8 wedges
2 cups of sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
4 cloves of finely minced garlic
½ small diced shallot
1 cup of chicken stock
1/3 cup of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter + 2 tablespoons
1 pound of cooked fettuccini noodles
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Season the scallops on all sides with salt and pepper.
2. In a large sauté pan on high heat, add in 1 tablespoon of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter until melted and add in the seasoned scallops and sear for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Once they are caramelized on the bottom, flip them over and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove them from the pan once they are cooked and set aside. Scallops should be firm.
3. In the same pan add in 1 tablespoon of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter until melted and toss in the mushrooms are caramelize.
4. Once they are brown add in the shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. At this point add in the tomatoes and sauté for another minute.
5. Next, add in the chicken stock and remaining I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and simmer in low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Finish by adding in the spinach, cooked fettuccini, salt and pepper and toss together until combined. Top off with the seared scallops. Serve hot.
Posted by ~~ Witchy ~~ at 10/17/2015 03:00:00 AM