Saturday, June 20, 2015
Grilled Chili Burgers
1 recipe Chimichurri Topping (see recipe below)
1 pound 95% or higher lean ground beef
8 ounces ground pork
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 whole wheat pita bread rounds, quartered and toasted
3/4 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained and cut into strips
1. Prepare Chimichurri Topping. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt. Mix well. Shape into six 1/2-inch-thick patties.
2. For a charcoal grill, grill patties on the rack of an uncovered grill for 10 to 13 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into side of each patty registers 160 degrees F, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
3. two of the pita quarters. Top with roasted peppers and Chimichurri Topping.
1/2 cup finely snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup finely snipped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine finely snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley; finely snipped fresh cilantro
2. red wine vinegar; olive oil; garlic, minced; salt; ground black pepper; and cayenne pepper.