Saturday, October 4, 2014

'Cloned' KFC Crispy -Crunchy Fried Chicken

I want to share with you a recipe from our sister blog , she has great recipes and ideas on food and health . I am linking this back to her blog , Nee's  Place . I bet you will agree , this chicken taste like or better than KFC and for those of you that don't want fried can bake this chicken in the oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until juices   run clear and chicken reaches 160 degrees with a meat thermometer .

Watch out, Colonel, because this KFC Inspired Fried Chicken is just is good as your crispy chicken recipe (at least, I think so). Made with not-so-secret herbs and seasonings, this fried chicken recipe will leave you coming back for more...and enjoying bite after bite. It may not be the original KFC fried chicken, but it sure is tasty. And it's something you can make on your own. If you want to have some more fun, buy a bucket of KFC chicken and have your family do a taste test.

1            teaspoon salt
1/2         teaspoon black pepper
2            pounds of chicken (legs, thighs, breast - whatever preferred)
1/2         teaspoon garlic salt
1/2         teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
1/2         teaspoon ground sage
1/2         tablespoon onion salt
1/2         tablespoon onion powder
1/2         teaspoon dry mustard
1/2         teaspoon basil, oregano, thyme, each
1/2         teaspoon all spice
2            cups flour
3            eggs
1            cup or 2 cups of buttermilk
3/4        cup cornstarch
1/2        teaspoon marjoram
1/2        tablespoon paprika

1 .    Mix all spice ingredients together with the flour and cornstarch, set aside in large bowl. Beat eggs into buttermilk in separate bowl.
2 .    Place chicken pieces in an egg mixture just long enough to get saturated (add more water if necessary). Drain, then coat each piece in the flour mixture.
3 .   Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Finish off the chicken by baking it for about 1 hour, or until juices run clear.


Heart healthy

2 comments:

  1. I will vouch for this chicken . I did the taste test with KFC and I came out on top . I will now try the bake variety . I make it a point to visit here and your sister blog . I fine unique dishes on each blog .
    I comment to Nee's Place , I ask for different recipes and she is very quick to oblige . I am sure you have different readers and I found another dish there that I think your readers may like "Stuffed Cabbage," it is unique in it's taste .
    I asked her was she going to do comfort food , Nee said it was fall and comfort food was on it's way . I have cooks books and I work in a pastry bakery , you can not get the taste of home cooking from a cook book .
    If you don't mind will you post stuff cabbage from your sister blog . Thanks
    Kathy Whittin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Kathy ,
      So nice to know you visits our sister blog .
      She is a very busy lady , but she cares about her viewers ... I also think comfort food is what people wants mostly , at least that's what I am ask for . I agree , most people wants home cooking ... most people use cookbooks and put their own twist on the recipes .

      Kathy , I think our readers will like the cabbage recipe and I will post it within the next week or so ... keep an eye out HUH ???
      See you later gator

      Delete

Come on in , set awhile and have a cup of tea and cookies , as always you are welcome .