Thursday, September 5, 2013

Food for Thought : Breakfast

Fall is in the air , school is back in session  and there is no better time than September  to celebrate  All America Breakfast Month .
Even though we frequently hear about the importance of breakfast , approximately 31 million  AAmericans  skip breakfast everyday. Here are a few tips to help you get back  on the Breakfast tract :

1. Studies have shown  that eating  a protein-rich breakfast  will help  prevent overeating  throughout the day , so make  sure you get enough . Protein rich foods  such as  lean meats  , eggs , skim milk  and yogurt , are good choices.

2. Most people  say they skip breakfast  because they don't have time . Make a resolution to find time saving tricks that work for you and your family . Try quick foods  like apples  with peanut butter  , Greek yogurt  and fruit with granola , or boiled eggs  with toast and juice  are quick  and wholesome  breakfasts . You can boil eggs  and store them in the refrigerator  with shell intact  for several days .

3. While cereal  may be quick  and easy , it can be an unwanted  source of added sugars  and calories . Read the label carefully , look for cereals  that are made  with whole grains , contain less  than 5 grams  of sugar  and more than 5 grams of fiber . Use  low-fat  or skim milk  and fruit  for a more  complete breakfast .

Words of Wisdom :
The only thing worse than losing your sight is losing your vision.
Laughter is a fix that will fix the fix that you are in  or fixin' to be in .
Fear knocked , Faith answered and there was no one there .
The best sermons are lived , not preached.

A proud Grandpa ,          G.

9 comments:

  1. Poppa we like your breakfast you give us all the good stuff and go hide in your bathroom poppa you are so funny and we love you so much . Kiss and hugs to a good poppa .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppa , you are the man , you are giving so much good advice . Auntie says you walk round with your notebook in hand taking notes , she's thinking of enrolling you in school with Man .
    Love your post . I'm waiting on my 'Take Ten.'
    Love you Poppa

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother of many faces and talent , I am so happy you found a hobby while your sidekick is in school .
    Wish I could send the fat sidekick somewhere and it would be peaceful .
    Good job , brother of mine your loving and only sister .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello HB,
    I like your post. People do not eat healthy for breakfast...if they eat at all, so it was a good choice of a topic.
    And your wisdom always charms me.
    Keep writing, we need you.

    Lotsa luv...Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  5. G.
    This is a great post , I told everyone in HR to read your article and you said maybe more work can get done .
    They hid under their desks until quitting time , now how is that for a kick in the head .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now ,now G.,
    We all know you rule with an iron fist , Jean let the cat out the bag .
    Come over , you can bring Harvey , I made two coconut cream pies .
    Good post .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big G.
    Good post , glad you are getting paid so well (smiling).

    Love you dad, oh father of mine .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dad ,
    Good post , look for something special... thank you .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thank you one and all for all your kind comments .
    The pay is more than I expected , wonder what I will get if I kick it up a notch .
    How about some of the funny things my grands say happen at school or would you like to hear some of the things I do everyday and some time my boss ground me (laughing my butt off) let me hear from you .

    ReplyDelete

Come on in , set awhile and have a cup of tea and cookies , as always you are welcome .