Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for the pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh blackberries (about 3 1/2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- Make the crumb topping: In a food processor, pulse the pecans, brown sugar, flour, and butter until crumbly; transfer to a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the food processor.
- Make the cake: Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. In the food processor, pulse the butter, flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until crumbly. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Transfer the cake batter to the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the blackberries and crumb topping. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan before serving.
Perfect....Give yourself a raise and buy a new tiara