Sunday, October 21, 2012

Nanook Polar Bear Cubs


                                             
 
7  Really important things you can teach your parents  to help stop global warming . The pictures is from my posters  at my meeting Friday  , my daddy put them on here for me because he wants me to learn how .
 1 . Talk to your friends  your teaches and your parents   a special place for meeting with people  to help fix climate change . get your teachers and parents to help . Get your school to  join as a group.


2 . Know what damage you are doing . It is not much use  trying  to change something  if you are part of the problem  or you do not  understand  what it is all about .There are places on the web  you can look . Watch out   do not believe  all you read  or see . not everybody tells the truth .

3 .  Why drive when you can walk ? If your family owns a car  get them to use it  less  wlak to places that is close buy , if you need to travel further than you can walk   make all your trips  at one time if you can .

4 . Make your own climate  . Turn the heating down in winter if you are cold  , wear more clothes . My mama dress us in layers . Turn the air conditioning down in summer or use a fan . Hot tip from a cool penquin . When it is hot  dress cool  when it is cool dress hot .

5 . Reduce  reuse  recycle  remember your 3 Rs . Reduce  is the most important  , it you do not buy  so much stuff in the first place   then you  do not need to reuse or recycle . Reuse  whatever  you can , if you can not reuse something  , recycle it .

6 . Turn off and shut it . Turning things off may seem boring   but leaving lights   heating air conditioning   computers  TV and stuff on when you do not need them waste a lot of energy . Turning them off saves money  too .If it is cold in one room and warmin the other  , shut the door to keep the heat in . leaving  things on  like tv  computers and stuff also use a lot of energy .

7 . PSST ! Do not keep this a secret   the future could be tradable . This one cool secret which a lot of grown ups  do not seem to know about  so the kids must tell everyone  . Do not put it off  if you do not know what TEQs , also called  DTQs are . I did not know either  . But they look like a fair way to help slow global warming  and energy shortages . Get your head round TEQs  and then be sure to tell  everyone  .  Way to go .
_______________________________________________________________________
Polar Bear facts for grown ups most kids are learning
Arctic is my home   I love swimming   I am a giant    I wear a thick coat   seals are yummy   I have a sharp nose   my fur reflects  white   my home is mealting   help . Global warming  is affecting polar bears  by melting away sheets of arctic ice  which are their floating  hmoes  and hunting grounds  . Polar bears  are also  poached  for their meat by men .
I want to think my daddy for helping me  with my pictures . I want to thank aunt Jeannie for all the  information she gives me and for  telling my mama about the polar bears .
Listen up Polar Bear Cubs  , there are a lot of endangered  speices  you can pick your own  . Lets get out there and show the grown ups how it is done .
Thank you    Jennifer Carano  3rd grade  and 8 years old .

4 comments:

  1. Dear Jenny
    What a terrific and cool speech and I love all the pictures. I bet the videos were really good too. You gave a lot of very good advice honey. If people didn't learn something from all the information you gave them then they are not very smart.
    It's hard to teach grownups new things but WOW!you sure gave it a good try. VERY WELL DONE my Crusader and all your loyal knights, including Daddy.

    And I thank you from my heart for going to all the trouble of typing it all out and struggling with the pictures just so I could see it. I will keep a copy of it forever.

    It was a great idea to let people know about the Department of Environmental Quality if they want to know how to help.
    The Louisiana department also has a hotline which you can call if you are worried about something environmental or you see someone dumping trash somewhere.

    This is the website of the Louisiana DEQ http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/Default.aspx?tabid=82

    You and your knights are my heroes.And I know Nanook is roaring with pride for you. Maxy just told me he is proud of you too.He is very environmentally smart. He cleans up all the rabbit poo in our yard.

    Lots of love and gold stars...Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jenny,
    I confess to being a bit confused by DEQ, DTQ and TEQ.

    But I think you may have been referring to Tradeable Energy Quotas. I don't know much about it but I think people could get rewards from the government if they reduce their carbon footprint and save energy.

    It's an idea that could work.
    LOve Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Jeannie
    I am glad you like my speech . I have lots of fun when rhe grownups ask me or the Cubs questions . Daddy copy my pictures of my poster boards the way I paste them on . I did the writing .
    Mama said people need to know about global warming and it will help nanook too .
    Teq is in my book poppa got me on how we can help stop global warming . Mama say if everybody do just a little bit it will help the planet .
    Thank you aunt Jeannie for helping me I love you very much and sending you a lot of hugs and kisses on a rainbow . Poppa say you like rainbows the colors are so pretty . My brothers and sister is sending you love . Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeannie ,
    Jen was so proud you liked her post and as you know I had to make a copy of your comment for her to take to Mr. Edwards (her teacher).

    Dad bought Jen a book to share with her group about 'Tradeable Enegry Quotas' . People can get rewarded for installing equipment to save energy .

    I was quite surprise not many people knew or heard about it . As my dad says wisdom comes out the mouths of babes if we (ground-ups) would only take the time to listen (smiling).

    Thank you for caring for my kids .

    ReplyDelete

Come on in , set awhile and have a cup of tea and cookies , as always you are welcome .