Keep those summer flavors light! This Bundt cake is perfect for summer and packed full of citrus flavor. The vanilla bean glaze takes it over the top and gives it the perfect creamsicle flavor.
Yields: 1 Bundt cake or 12 mini-Bundt cakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, zested
- 3 eggs
- 4 drops orange food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a large or mini-Bundt pan with nonstick spray, set aside.
- Add yellow cake mix, water, orange juice, orange zest, eggs and food coloring to the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Mix on low speed for 30 seconds and then on medium speed for 2 minutes. The mixture should be well mixed and smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes for a large cake and 25 minutes for the mini-Bundt cakes. The cake is ready when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let rest for 10 minutes and then flip over cakes onto a plate.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla bean paste. If your glaze is too thick, simply add more heavy cream until desired consistency is met. Pour glaze over cake.