Monday, December 17, 2018


Dear lovely young friend

   Witch or wizard or warrior queen,
Don't rush to become what you wish to be.
Samaritan, defender or savior of worlds,
Grow gently and enjoy just being a girl.
Relish the time you have to be free,
There are wonders aplenty to venture and see.
Sights and sounds to nourish your soul,
People to meet, to love or just know.
Expand your horizons and feel yourself grow.
Your voyage will bring you a spiritual wealth,
And the wisdom to know and cherish yourself.
Youth is so sweet, you can do little wrong.
 So embrace it my love,
For too soon, it is gone.
Shadow
 
Love and fondest wishes for a wonderful 'sweet sixteen' party
Aunt Jeannie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aunt Jeannie,
    What a lovely and precious poem the post is quite beautiful.
    !6 is a wonderful age to enjoy , have fun and still have time to decide what you want to do without feeling pushed .
    I think daddy will call me his little woman forever , it gives me a safe feeling of being loved . We get out of school Thursday , I will have my party Saturday , finish on Sunday , delivery my gifts on Monday (Christmas Eve ) Aunt Jeannie this is the busiest Christmas I have known we are helping mama with last minute chores .
    Thank you so very much I know it was sent with love .
    Love you a bushel and a peck and lots more
    Love Sha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you guys are busy. Every minute of your time is taken up. I have to report that it is much the same up here. I am rushing to cook enough mince tarts at the moment. They disappear so fast. I still have about half of the presents to wrap. We are at Jaye's on Christmas, then my daughter Jane's, then my son Steve's at New Year's. I feel bloated already.
    My words were indeed sent with love and memories of my sixteenth birthday when my Uncle Jack told me not to be in such a hurry to grow up because you are only young once, briefly, and then you are old for a very long time. I had lots of fun and got into trouble only a few times that year like when I crashed my dad's dodge into a gas pump.
    Have a great birthday and amazing Christmas holidays,
    Love Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Come on in , set awhile and have a cup of tea and cookies , as always you are welcome .