This is one of those great comfort meals that everyone can love and everyone can make
Every family should have a couple of meatless days a week
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (store bought is fine)
- 1-2 (8 ounce) jars of
- 1/3 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, oil drained
- 8 ounces sheep's milk feta cheese, crumbled (regular feta is fine, but the sheep's milk is creamier)
- 6 ounces fontina cheese, finely diced or shredded
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt + pepper
- 6 ounces (or more) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- fresh basil, for serving
- grape/cherry tomatoes, halved for serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minute
Serving Size: 4-6Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot ( oven safe pot if you have it) of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente. Drain the pasta and add it right back to the hot pot. To the pot add the butter, , , enchilada sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, sheep's milk feta cheese, fontina cheese, cream cheese and heavy cream. Season with pepper and a tiny pinch of salt. Using a large wooden spoon toss everything together until a creamy sauce has formed, about 3-5 minutes. If pot is not oven safe, transfer the pasta to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place the mozzarella slices (or shredded mozz) on top of the pasta
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn the broiler on and broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil ribbons. Allow to sit five minutes and then serve with fresh cherry tomatoes.
Honestly it is so good. And it is almost too easy. Enjoy the praise. Dig in!